Become a "FRIEND" on Facebook, search for me - "Leslie Crafter"


Friday, October 22, 2010

What's old is new Again...



Two years ago I blogged about Wordle.net. This is a great website where you can make your own word art, and this style of word art is so popular now. I love making cards from Wordle. They are so original and you can personalize them so well. Here are some cards I made with wordle.


How do you get your wordle creation to be on a card??? Once the wordle is done, I print it to my "cute PDF Writer" (it's a free application - cutepdf.com), which prints it to PDF format. Once I have it in PDF format, I then convert it to jpg format through this free converter(http://convert.neevia.com/pdfconvert/) . Once I have it in .jpg, I can do whatever I want with it, resize, etc...It's really not complicated...

7 comments:

gsmom3010 said...

I have just recently foun Wordle...thanks for the ideas! I love your stuff.

Unknown said...

thank you for info...one more question. what program do you open your jpeg in?

mari.g said...

I believe the correct website is
www.wordle.net I tried .com and got one of those advertising sites.

RAP said...

I've used wordle but never thought about using it this way. My niece did a one for her baby in the colors of his nursery. She then had it printed as poster at walmart. It's so cute.

7524kes said...

Wordle is definitely fun, but is there a trick to getting your Happy Thanksgiving featured so well, or did you just re-shuffle until it worked out?

cardmkrLeslie said...

just shuffle until you get it the way you like

LEEANN said...

OMG...where have I been. I have never heard of this. I love it. How fun. Thanks for the great ideas.