Become a "FRIEND" on Facebook, search for me - "Leslie Crafter"


Thursday, March 12, 2009

Saint Patrick's Day Plate & Irish Soda Bread Recipe




Here is my St. Patrick's day plate. I used PDDU for the pot and coins. I used SCAL for the shamrocks, but there is also a cute one on PDDU. I am using this for school treats on St. Pat's Day - I'm sending in Irish Soda Bread. Here is my recipe. It is a great time of year to try it. It's so good right out of the oven with BUTTER, or toasted the next morning.


Irish Soda Bread

3 1/2 cups flour

3/4 cup sugar

1 1/4 cups buttermilk

3/4 stick melted butter

1 cup raisins

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 Tbsp baking powder

caraway seeds (optional)


Put all dry ingredients in a bowl including sugar and raisins, make a well and put in buttermilk and melted butter. Mix only until dry ingredients are incorporated. Split into 2 balls. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake @ 350 50-60 minutes.


I add turbinado (cane sugar) on the top before baking I have also added cranberries and pecans instead of the raisins I do not use caraway seeds because it is more kid-friendly.

No comments: